I'm Twittering!

    follow me on Twitter

    Alert! Unique individuals are getting extinct!

    19.1.09


    I told a group of friends a few months ago that the recession is the best thing that could happen to them. No, I haven't gone mad - not yet anyway. The recession is the best thing to happen to ALL of us because it gives us a good reason to ask the difficult questions about what we need and want in life, and where our life is heading. The end result is that we look deep within ourselves to understand who we are and why we're here on Earth!

    Once we understand ourselves more (not completely of course, that's a life-long search isn't it!) we start our "rebirth" to become a unique person again with a unique goal in life, a unique purpose in life, a unique perspective of life, a unique solution to any challenge we face, and all the time using our unique talents to do what we want to do.

    Just a minute here. I'm sure when I say unique, many of you get this image of radical and different solutions, and truly creative and never-heard-of-before answers jumping out of our brains! No, that's not it. By being unique, I mean we are true to ourselves and find a path in life that's ours, and not a copy of some rich and famous person's. The life we seek as unique individuals has for sure been led by many before us but the key difference is that we're doing it our way, with the help and example of others who have gone that way already. The key difference is that it's my way as I put my unique values, unique beliefs, unique identity and unique emotions into my unique life.

    To find our unique voice, I suggest a really simple thing to do every morning as the first thing to do, and that's to read for a minute or two from your favorite author. That's right, just a minute or two each morning to start your day. Keeping it to a minute or two completely reduces the stress of finishing a book and prevents us from saying "I have no time". My all time favorite is Robin Sharma and I read his books or blog or listen to his audios almost everyday, re-reading and re-listening the same thing! It's amazing how different the same story is the next day. My new "best pal" is Guy Kawasaki and his blog really resonates with me and inspires me to take action.

    So the simple way to find and become your true self starts with the easy and utterly enjoyable task of spending time with people of influence. Read their books, their blogs and listen to their audio recordings. Just a minute of two a day is enough and you're on your way to finding your unique self!

    Dream It . Live It
    Jeff

    Posted by REV Training and Coaching at 12:50 AM

    2 comments:

    Truly, the recession could be a good thing if you choose to see it as a chance to start afresh - I know alot of people who don't like what they do, and uses the recession to start afresh in another job or industry! At the same time, it is very hard to let go of one's fears of 'losing a job' , 'losing stability' etc. Social construction or survival instinct?

    Anonymous said...
    February 2, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

    Great post, Jeff!

    Anonymous said...
    February 2, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Click here to go to the REV Homepage